|Dr. Tunishai Ford
Discovering ... Your Own Uniqueness!
|Your Own Uniqueness, Inc.
|The STEP UP LADIES
|STEP UP LADIES PROGRAM
CURRICULUM AND OBJECTIVES
What they will learn during the 9-week program:
1. Learn and understand certain buzzwords of the business world.
2. Learn the different types of business structures, i.e. Limited Liability Company.
3. Developing and writing a realistic and viable business plan.
4. Creative ways to market and promote their businesses.
5. Media Marketing: Tangible Steps to Increase your Businesses.
6. Learning about legal forms and insurance. ex., liability insurance
7. Business Etiquette/ Having integrity in business dealings.
8. Learn How to Have Good Customer Service.
9. Developing the total person to succeed in business.
10. The importance of personal financial stability.
11. Becoming familiar with business tax forms.
12. Understanding financial statements.
13. Understanding Legal Business Documents and Applications
14. Understanding the business relationship with a bank or credit union.
15. What is a credit score and why is it important and how to develop a good Credit Score.
16. The difference between a non-profit business and non-profit 501c3 status.
17. Pitching your Business to Potential Customers.
18. Being Introduced to Different Funding Sources and Businesses.
What we want to accomplish through the STEP-UP Ladies program:
1. Have a clear and concise vision of their business ideas.
2. Have a working knowledge of the components to start, run, and sustain their
3. Learn how to complete legal business documents, ex., DBA, EIN #.
4. Develop a complete and realistic business plan.
5. Learn how to pitch their business ideas to potential customers.
6. Build self-confidence and be assured that they have the tools to live their dreams.
7. Finding Funding for their businesses.